The Detachment is continuing to support the same Holiday Service Project that we have done since 2006. It will be modified slightly due to the pandemic restrictions. Last year the Detachment collected monetary contributions and toys & gifts for several deserving organizations. Janet used the donations to purchase additional toys & gifts. A carload of items went to North Hills Community Outreach. Items were also distributed to Genesis of Pittsburgh in Bellevue. They were extremely thankful for our generosity. This year the need will be greater than ever due to the effects on the economy caused by the pandemic. Because of the pandemic we will not be collecting items for VA Hospital patients this year.
We are going to begin the collections in October so that the items can be given to the organizations by mid-November.
- Toys, gift items, especially needed are items for boys & teenagers; any Steelers items (shirts in large sizes); gift cards; even small toys & items less than $5 are greatly appreciated. Do not wrap the items.
- Holiday gift-wrap & gift bags, ribbon & tape are also needed.
- Monetary donations will be used to purchase toys & gifts & gift cards.
- Toy & Gift items and Donations will be collected at the October Detachment meeting or can be sent to Janet at the address below.
- Bring your items or donations to the October Detachment meeting and give them to Karl Wilzer for Janet Lindner. Items can also be dropped off at Janet’s home. She will see that they are distributed to the organizations listed above.
- Contributions by check can be sent to Janet Lindner, 930 Perry Highway, Pittsburgh, PA 15229. If possible, make the checks out to Janet Lindner to simplify the process. (All monies are accounted for and a report is prepared for the Detachment).
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide to this worthwhile project.
Project Coordinator Janet Lindner